So we have the following two tags:
- Airman Certification is for questions related to obtaining certificates and ratings for all flight crew members, mechanics, repairmen, aircraft dispatchers, and control tower operators. It includes required paperwork and testing, but not training (which would fall under flight-training).
- Training refers to all aspects of pilot and flight crewmember training.
I propose that we rename flight-training to airman-training, and include training for the additional airmen that are included in the certification tag (taken from the FAA airman certification website). A tag synonym from flight-training to airman-training would be appropriate as well.
Any other suggestions that help make them more consistent are welcome as well!
Thanks to the discussion so far, I am changing my suggestion to to use the term "pilot" instead of "flight" so that it more easily extends to other aviation-related jobs (such as mechanics, air traffic controllers, etc).
- Change flight-training to pilot-training and create a tag synonym so that either may be used.
- Change airman-certification to one of:
- pilot-certification or
- pilot-testing or
- Eliminate this tag altogether and incorporate it into pilot-training, updating the tag wiki to be clear that it is for all aspects of training, including testing.