I couldn't help noticing a small group of players very consequently deletes all my answers, leaving questions with heavily biased answers only. Aside from it being annoying to have players launch personal attacks on me, it leaves all remaining answers to be massively opinion based, thereby eligible for deletion. How is that OK and what can be done about it if it isn't?
To answer the question given, deleting someone else’s correct answer is not OK unless it does not make a contribution to the site. What must be determined before deletion would be:
- Does the answer actually answer the question?
- Is the answer correct?
- Does the answer give more pertinent information, new information, clarification of previously given information, or an explanation of already given information than a previous answer has given?
- Is the answer simply opinion based or written in a way that does not promote actual facts?
- Does the answer include verifiable references and citations from reputable sources? This is highly important?
- Does the answer lead to further discussion more than it answers the actual question?
- Is the answer well written and understandable?
- Is the answer simply a rant?
- Is the answer disparaging or adversarial?
- Does the answer contribute to the general knowledge on the site per the site guidelines? Does it even follow site guidelines?
I am not that familiar with you and your posts. From the posts that I have found specifically on AviationStackExchange, many of them if not the majority violate one or more of the above tenants.
This is not a situation that can not be fixed and overcome so that you are a valuable contributor to this site. You seem to be very knowledgeable. But, if the writing style of this site is not to your liking, there are other sites which are tailored more towards open discussion, spitballing of ideas, and debate. Might I recommend Quora or Reddit?
This site is not to the tastes of everyone. It is not a game. The points are just to incentivize people to post the most correct and constructive contributions.
It has its advantages and its disadvantages. Due to its restrictive nature, it garners a lot fewer new questions and contributions than most sites. But, its restrictive nature produces answers that are more correct and factual than other site. IMHO.
I know of only one user who can be said to have "attacked" you. And while I must admit to being surprised by the large number of downvotes appearing on seemingly all of your answers, given how they are in harmony with those of some of our top contributers, I would advise against jumping to conclusions. Instead, I recommend that you ask clarification for each individual case of deleted answers. This is especially ttue given how I have found a good reason for one deletion.
Meanwhile, I wish the rest of you would cut him some slack, given how unfamiliar he is to the site, and doesn't even appear to speak English.