Long time hobby coder since the 80s and hacking games on my Acorn Atom or building SBC from plans in Elektor magazine. Technically I have a degree in Electronics but since I got it in the 80s but since technology has advanced so much it is little more than a pretty certificate in a frame that hides a section of my bad plastering. Code mostly in Java, VB, VBA, some C and a little Forth for fun. I spend a lot of work time writing data mining and text manipulation code in VB to automate long, boring and repetitive tasks.
Typical engineer, I will spent days working on a problem to save me 10 minutes effort.
I fly gliders, mountain bike and love being in the woods with a hammock, a fire and a coffee.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 3 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 22 '18 at 11:15
- Aviation 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 461 461 33 silver badges33 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 360 360 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 359 359 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Academia 281 281 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 80 Is this XKCD comic list about autogyro features accurate?
- 33 How can a person Insulate copper wire in a medieval world?
- 24 Adding irrelevant humorous questions to a quiz exam
- 18 Postdoc overwhelmed by incomplete work
- 8 How does cultural difference impinge upon human factors in aviation industry safety?
- 7 Why are the wingtips of sailplanes painted red?
- 6 How should I deal with a cable break at low level during a glider winch launch?
- View more network posts →