I'll tell you what I am not: I am not in IT, I am not a native English speaker, I am not a creature of the night. But I started dabbling in C and sh (no Bash yet back then) in the early 80s as I was doing my Ph.D. (but mostly playing rogue, 5 times a total winner, it's in my CV). I remember coming from IBM's CMS and looking in awe at all the code free for anyone to see and study. I have been hooked on *Nix ever since.
- Super User 44.7k 44.7k 1010 gold badges7171 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4k 4k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Physics 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Aviation 321 321 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 236 236 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 496 Did I just get hacked?
- 290 scp between two remote hosts from my (third) pc
- 90 Does tcpdump bypass iptables?
- 85 What is the actual speed of SATA 3?
- 48 Why do we need the "at" command in Linux?
- 41 Start a systemd service inside chroot from a non systemd based rootfs
- 40 "Network is unreachable" when attempting to ping google, but internal addresses work
- View more network posts →