Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Member for 7 years, 10 months
All round aviation and related technology enthusiast
I work as a senior system engineer in Air Traffic Control / Air Traffic Management / Unmanned Traffic Management.
For over 10 years I have been assisting various ATM companies in developing new technologies. Currently I am working on integrating UAS into the airspace. Most of my recent work has been assessing performance of drone detection systems. Previously I have worked in the surveillance domain (ADS-B, WAM, Mode S) on technical standardisation, safety assessments and system performance analyses. I've also worked on aircraft performance modelling & analysis (BADA 4) and related ATC simulations.
- Aviation 72.2k 72.2k 88 gold badges236236 silver badges317317 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.7k 5.7k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 985 985 22 gold badges99 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 713 713 55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Physics 631 631 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 406 How to format Joda-Time DateTime to only mm/dd/yyyy?
- 130 Why do airlines follow these routes between Barcelona and Düsseldorf?
- 116 Why did my flight climb so sharply on takeoff?
- 99 Is a firm landing an indication of the pilot inexperience?
- 91 What is the make and model of this biplane?
- 89 Why did this plane fly in a zigzag pattern?
- 77 If airplanes can't use reverse thrust in flight, what am I hearing?
- View more network posts →