Aeronautical engineer, MSc in Stability & Control of Aircraft. Real-time simulation of aircraft systems. And all other things Full Flight Simulator.
Worked at the Fokker factory. Contracted myself out for measuring and modelling flying controls for all kinds of aircraft, fixed wing and rotary, military and civil. Wrote the physics model simulation software for them, and tuned on the simulator. Found myself in the cockpit of an F-111 with one jet engine running to power the hydraulics, wondering where the handbrake was situated which I did not want to inadvertently dislodge.
Sold and supported different bits of flight simulator, then sold complete civil simulators in Asia, then set up a business running them, contracting with airlines. Still doing bits of engineering just for the fun of it.
I very much enjoy the aviation site and have reconnected with many things I had learned decades ago, some of them half forgotten. Some awesome people here, taking time to write awesome answers.
Perth, Western Australia.
Member for 2 years, 4 months
78 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top network posts
- 107 Why does it take so long to develop modern military jets?
- 106 Why does it feel like a plane accelerates just before touching down?
- 73 Do helicopters use more fuel when hovering?
- 70 Why isn't the APU a standard diesel generator?
- 61 MH370 blackbox - is it still possible to retrieve data from it?
- 58 Why force the nose of 737 Max down in the first place?
- 41 Why do flight control cables not slacken during the cold temperatures at cruise?
- View more network posts →