physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
corvallis, oregon, united states
Member for 3 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 31 '18 at 15:38
- Physics 45.7k 45.7k 1111 gold badges5757 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Aviation 9.4k 9.4k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Engineering 7.8k 7.8k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Philosophy 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 161 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 135 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 108 Why doesn't the road lose its thickness to the tyre?
- 74 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 74 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- 62 What is meant by "gravity waves we see at sea surface"?
- View more network posts →