Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 299.4k 299.4k 6464 gold badges366366 silver badges566566 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 71.9k 71.9k 1515 gold badges154154 silver badges236236 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.4k 1.4k 1212 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1121 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1104 When monkey patching a method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 600 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 561 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 523 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 428 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 324 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →