Old guy trying to learn new things, see my website for details -- sort of.
Finally completed posting journalling emails from my last five years of flying at http://terryliittschwager.com/emailjournal.php. Now I'm moving on to finish the talking-of-flying page https://terryliittschwager.com/talking-of-flying.php, sort of a mini-memoir by topic of the 30 years I spent flying.
And at http://terryliittschwager.com/novel.php is an unpublished novel I wrote many years ago. It's not primarily a flying story, but flying a 747 is involved. The protagonist hijacks a 747 freighter. The 747 detail starts in chapter 28 in Bangkok, proceeds through Hong Kong's old Kai Tak airport, to the conclusion of the flight where the airplane burns on the runway at Half Moon Bay, California after having flown under the Golden Gate bridge with only two engines operating.
Member for 6 years, 8 months
19 profile views
Last seen Nov 15 '19 at 19:23
- Aviation 37.6k 37.6k 55 gold badges102102 silver badges173173 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 169 169 33 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 113 113 44 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 101 101 11 bronze badge
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 135 What happens if a language other than English is used over the radio?
- 129 Why would seaplanes use a curved takeoff run?
- 81 How do seaplanes do run-up checks without brakes?
- 76 What is this hatch above the cockpit of a 747?
- 66 Why are the cockpit controls of airplanes so complicated?
- 62 How do pilots manage to keep aircraft on centerline during taxi?
- 58 Best way to locate source of Warning: Empty string passed to getElementById()
- View more network posts →