I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch and for the past few years Linux Mint Debian Edition (which is basically Debian testing but more green).
My Linux expertise, if I can grace it with such a lofty title, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 4 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 27 at 9:40
- Unix & Linux♦ 138.8k 138.8k 3333 gold badges286286 silver badges463463 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 72.1k 72.1k 1313 gold badges148148 silver badges232232 bronze badges
- Super User 42.9k 42.9k 99 gold badges9595 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 17.2k 17.2k 1212 gold badges6666 silver badges112112 bronze badges
- Biology 11.1k 11.1k 55 gold badges3939 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 983 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 731 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 324 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 235 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 186 What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 178 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 118 How can I turn off swap permanently?
- View more network posts →