My father worked for Rolls Royce aero engines and I was always hanging around the test beds, looking over engine designs and generally hooked on anything aviation. Was an "air cadet" in my teens and joined the Royal Air Force as an electronics (communications and RADAR) engineer. Worked on Vulcans, Westland Wessex and Phantoms. Later worked for British Aerospace as an electronics engineer on Tornados.
Now a PPL(H) having flown R22s, B206s, Enstrom F28, Schweizer 296C and Wessex (as unofficial "P.U.T."). Limited stick time on Slingsby gliders, Chipmunks, PA-28 and Cessna C172.
Thousands of hours on FS9 on VATSIM with B737, B747 and B777 with a hand full of other types.
- Aviation 30.4k 30.4k 44 gold badges128128 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 14.1k 14.1k 66 gold badges4444 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Physics 571 571 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 201 201 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 140 140 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 98 Clearly understand matrix calculation
- 74 What are the advantages of squawking 7700?
- 71 Why is tape being applied to this jet engine?
- 70 How dangerous was the turbulence on this commercial flight?
- 70 Is it possible to have custom attributes in AndroidManifest.xml tags?
- 69 Why is "Affirm / Negative" used instead of "Yes / No"?
- 68 Costa Rica landing in the news, concerns to be taken seriously?
- View more network posts →