My father worked for Rolls Royce aero engines and I was always hanging around the test beds, looking over engine designs and generally hooked on anything aviation. Was an "air cadet" in my teens and joined the Royal Air Force as an electronics (communications and RADAR) engineer. Worked on Vulcans, Westland Wessex and Phantoms. Later worked for British Aerospace as an electronics engineer on Tornados.
Now a PPL(H) having flown R22s, B206s, Enstrom F28, Schweizer 296C and Wessex (as unofficial "P.U.T."). Limited stick time on Slingsby gliders, Chipmunks, PA-28 and Cessna C172.
Thousands of hours on FS9 on VATSIM with B737, B747 and B777 with a hand full of other types.
Member for 5 years
46 profile views
Last seen Jul 18 '17 at 5:24
Top Network Posts
- 82 Clearly understand matrix calculation
- 70 How dangerous was the turbulence on this commercial flight?
- 68 Costa Rica landing in the news, concerns to be taken seriously?
- 67 Why is tape being applied to this jet engine?
- 65 Why is "Affirm / Negative" used instead of "Yes / No"?
- 62 What are the advantages of squawking 7700?
- 61 Why are most weapons in AC-130 are on left-hand side?
- View more network posts →