My father worked for Rolls Royce aero engines and I was always hanging around the test beds, looking over engine designs and generally hooked on anything aviation. Was an "air cadet" in my teens and joined the Royal Air Force as an electronics (communications and RADAR) engineer. Worked on Vulcans, Westland Wessex and Phantoms. Later worked for British Aerospace as an electronics engineer on Tornados.
Now a PPL(H) having flown R22s, B206s, Enstrom F28, Schweizer 296C and Wessex (as unofficial "P.U.T."). Limited stick time on Slingsby gliders, Chipmunks, PA-28 and Cessna C172.
Thousands of hours on FS9 on VATSIM with B737, B747 and B777 with a hand full of other types.
Member for 6 years, 2 months
48 profile views
Last seen Jul 18 '17 at 5:24
- Aviation 29.6k 29.6k 44 gold badges122122 silver badges154154 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 13.6k 13.6k 44 gold badges3939 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Physics 561 561 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 201 201 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 140 140 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 91 Clearly understand matrix calculation
- 72 What are the advantages of squawking 7700?
- 69 How dangerous was the turbulence on this commercial flight?
- 69 Why is tape being applied to this jet engine?
- 68 Why is "Affirm / Negative" used instead of "Yes / No"?
- 68 Costa Rica landing in the news, concerns to be taken seriously?
- 64 Is it possible to have custom attributes in AndroidManifest.xml tags?
- View more network posts →