Hi there! I'm HDE, a PhD student in astronomy. I work on pulsar timing, focusing on detecting gravitational waves and looking at weird pulse profiles. I also enjoy long-distance running, crosswords, hot chocolate and a good book, though usually not all at once.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding, and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy. In bygone days, I moderated Interpersonal Skills.
He/him pronouns, please.
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Member for 5 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Feb 22 '19 at 0:39
- Worldbuilding♦ 89.2k 89.2k 2222 gold badges274274 silver badges498498 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 30.1k 30.1k 1313 gold badges7272 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 27.2k 27.2k 33 gold badges8888 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- Physics 9.9k 9.9k 55 gold badges3535 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Skeptics 9.1k 9.1k 33 gold badges5353 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 285 Thank you, Robert Cartaino
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 155 After the recent CM departures, are there plans to shut down network sites or Area 51?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 121 Is phosphine evidence of life on Venus?
- 118 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 117 Have only girls been born for a long time in this village?
- View more network posts →